|Full Name||Kyuri Park|
|Location||Amsterdam, the Netherlands|
MSc Methodology and Statistics
- Methodology and Statistics for the Behavioral, Biomedical and Social Sciences (MSBBSS) programme
- GPA 9.04/ 10.00
University of Amsterdam
- Specialization in Psychological Methods
- GPA 9.05 / 10.00
BSc Hospitality Management
University of Houston
- Exchange Student at Mount Royal University, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- GPA 3.94 / 4.00
- 2021 - present
Student Assistant, Research Assistant
- Establish a more accessible approach (for empirical researchers) to evaluate the validity of imputation models by utilizing synthetic data sets.
- Worked on establishing a procedure for exporting synthetic data based on real data at Statistics Netherlands (CBS).
- Converted MATLAB code for Bayesian piecewise linear regression model for dynamic network construction to R code.
- Together with Dr. Erik-Jan van Kesteren, published an R package called synthpop.extract.
- With Dr. Noémi Schuurman, coded qualitative data from empirical psychological network papers using NVivo.
- Organize content-oriented meetings and Data Science Reading group meetings.
- Created course meterials such as practical assignments for the Data Wrangling course.
- Helped Dr. Laura Boeschoten with organizing Data Donation Day.
- Maintain the HDS group website.
- 2018 - 2021
Student/Teaching Assistant, International Student Ambassador, Psychological Methods Student Faction
University of Amsterdam
- Student assistant of Dr. Bastiaan Rutjens; worked on the “Meta-analysis on Science Skepticism” project.
- Teaching assistant of Prof. dr. Han van der Mass for the "AI and Psychology" course.
- Teaching assistant of Dr. Maja Wrzesien for the Mindfulness course.
- Organized major school events such as Bachelor’s Day and Orientation Day.
- Managed UvA social media accounts and supported marketing activities.
- Worked on creating tutorials for JASP .
- Organized study-related activities (e.g., debates, special lectures, and field trips).
- Met with the lecturers, programme coordinators, and policy officers once a month to discuss the proposed agendas in the Psychology department.
Scholorships and Honors
- 2021 - 2023
- Utrecht Excellence Scholarships, Utrecht University
- Scholarship Excellence Award (top honors), University of Houston
- 2015 - 2017
- UH Academic Excellence Scholarship, University of Houston
- Network theory (in Psychology)
- Psychometric network models
- Graphical models
- Causal discovery methods
- Behavioral data analysis
- Machine (deep) learning
- Programming : R is the main lanugage I use, but I also program in Python and MATLAB. Currently learning C++.
- Travel : My goal is to visit all 50 states! My next target is Hawaii!
- Taking Photos : I don't have any fancy cameras, but I do like taking some random photos of the mundane moments in life.